It contains many vitamins, minerals and is among the healthiest grain on earth. It contains more proteins and fats then other grains.
Half cup of oats contain
|303 calories||51 gm carbs||13gm protein||5 gm fat|
You can eat it boiled, scrambled or poached. Eggs contain different kinds of fat soluble vitamins like vitamin A, D and E. eggs also contain omega-3 fatty acids depending on different brands.
One egg contains
|75 calories||7 gm protein||5 gm fat||1.2 gm sat. fat|
It contains amino acids and healthy fats which keeps your heart healthy. It speeds up your metabolism process and improves your immune system. It is rich in calories and proteins.
2 tsp peanut butter contains
|190 calories||7 gm carbs||8 gm protein||16 gm fat||3 gm fiber|
Avocado is incredibly nutritious it is loaded with different kinds of vitamins, healthy fats, cabs and fiber. It doesn’t contain any kind of cholesterol.
200 gm avocado contains
|322 calories||17 gm carbs||29 gm fat||4 gm protein|
Black bean Soup
A quick and easy recipe for you night meal.
Cuisine: Gluten free, egg free, soy free, vegan
Serving: 6 servings
Calories: 197 kcal.
Ingredients: 1 medium chopped onion, 1 tsp garlic paste, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp red pepper, 1 tsp cumin powder,4 cups cooked black beans, 1 cup diced tomatoes, ½ tsp oregano.
How to cook:
- In a pan with medium heat, sauté the onion, garlic paste and red pepper in 1/4 cup water until softened and become brown, about 5-6 minutes. Add water as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add the cumin powder, oregano and salt and sauté another minute or two until the spices are fragrant.
- Add black beans and tomatoes in the end .Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with the toppings of your choice
Curry rich with carbs, protein and fiber.
Cuisine: protein rich, fiber rich, vegan
Serving: 6 serving
Calories: 284 kcal
Ingredients: 1 tsp Olive oil, 1 chopped onion, 2 tsp curry powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp garam masala, 1 diced tomato, 2 nicely peeled potatoes,1/2 black pepper, ½ cup water, ¼ tsp salt, 1 cup peas.
How to cook:
- In a pan with medium heat add olive oil; then after add chopped onion and cook about 4 to 5 minutes until become brown.
- Add the curry powder, cumin and garam masala powder. Stir well and cook for about 1 minute. Add cauliflower, tomatoes, potatoes, water, salt, and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Stir in the peas; heat through.
- Serve it with brown rice.
Mediterranean Chicken and Pasta
Meal full of protein and good carbohydrate.
Course: Stuffed pasta
Cuisine: protein rich, carbs rich, Non-veg
Serving: 4 serving
Calories: 347 kcal
Ingredients: 1 tsp olive oil, 350 gm boneless chicken, ¼ chicken broths, 1 tsp garlic paste, 1 dried oregano, 3 cups cooked pasta, 1 tsp red pepper , ¼ cup olives, ¼ cup crumbled cheese.
How to cook
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat; add chicken and garlic paste. Cook and stir until chicken begins to brown. Add the reserved broth and dried oregano.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes. Stir in chopped peppers, and olives.
- To serve, spoon chicken mixture over pasta. If desired, sprinkle with feta cheese.
Sesame-Tofu stir fry
Meal full of Protein, fiber and carbs.
Course: Main meal
Cuisine: protein rich, carbs rich, fiber rich, vegan
Serving: 4 serving
Calories: 386 kcal
Ingredients: 1 tsp cooking oil, 1 pack of tofu, cut it into small pieces, Cornstarch, 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, 1 tsp sesame seeds, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, stir-fry vegetables,2/3 cup bottled stir-fry sauce,2 thin sliced spring onion,2 cups hot cooked brown rice.
How to cook
- A thin coat tofu with cornstarch.
- Combine 1 tsp of the sesame seeds, ginger, peanuts and red pepper. After that add tofu gently.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Add tofu mixture to pan. Cook tofu mixture until brown.
- Remove tofu. Add vegetables to pan; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Add sauce; cook and stir gently until mixture is bubbly. Stir in tofu; heat through.
- Serve with brown rice.
On-the go healthy food
1.Egg White Veggie Wake-Up Wrap plus hash browns; 350 calories, 18 gm fat (4.5 gm saturated)
Tuna Salad Sandwich on an English muffin; 390 calories, 23 gm fat (3.5 gm saturated)
Oven Roasted Chicken Salad with tomatoes, green peppers, onions, olives, and cucumbers with honey-mustard dressing plus Yogurt Parfait; 400 calories, 6 gm fat (1.5 gm saturated)
4 Hot Wings plus Sweet Kernel Corn; 380 calories, 16.5 gm fat (4 gm saturated)
Kentucky Grilled Chicken Breast plus mashed potatoes (without gravy) 310 calories; 10 gm fat (2.5 gm saturated)
Chicken & Hummus Bistro Box (hummus, grilled chicken, grape tomatoes, cucumber, and pita bread) plus a banana; 380 calories, 7 gm fat (1.2 gm saturated)