What are common causes of knee pain?
The common causes of knee pain can be mainly divided into two groups. Acute injury: ligament injury or cartilage injury, or arthritis that is wear and tear.
- Serious injuries or knee injuries can be divided into two groups, either ligament injuries or torn cartilage-like cartilage injuries.
- If you look at the knee, there are ligaments that wrap the knee outward, hence the collateral ligaments that surround the knee from both sides, so there is a medial and lateral collateral ligament, then inside you.
- Knees are knick-knacks that are knee cricites: the anterior creative and crucible ligament on the posterior knee all work together to preserve knee function and allow us to play the game.
- Other structures that are important for the knee are the meniscus, or cartilage that acts as a cushion for the knee, when you run, move over them and they can be injured and mechanical with the knee. Symptoms may occur Can be from.
- The second group is the arthritis group of knee wear and tear group. It is when the knee starts coming out and the cartilage becomes thin to the point that it can reach a point where there is absolutely no space between the two surfaces and then you start erasing the bone and it goes on and on. And back and return
- There is a sign of an increase. With surgeries like knee replacement surgery. For example, the knee and other issues associated with sports are the runner’s knee where there is friction as you move between bones and soft tissues and they can cause painful clicks, iliotibial band syndrome.
- The iliotibial band is a band of tissue that runs across the knee toward the tibia and can also be injured or damaged or irritable by certain activities such as squatting or lungs.
- For example, other conditions, gout, preambular bursitis, or swelling or swelling of the front of the knee that is common in carpenters, orchards, people who walk on their knees, and then eventually a woman have fractures such as a knee or trauma.
Due to patella, like or tibia; For example, it can be caused by traumatic injuries while falling on the road, it can occur in car accidents, and it can also be a simple diversion.
How Can I Relieve My Knee Pain At Home?
To help relieve knee pain at home, it is important to start by relaxing the knee.
Knee Pain Relief At Home, Therefore, stop activities as much as possible and allow the knee to recover, and give it room to breathe.
- Secondly, if it is inflammatory, you may want to use ice to reduce swelling after an injury, especially while playing football or rugby, for example, and pain from using ice packs at home and May help reduce inflammation.
- Sometimes we use what we call a compression bandage to compress the knee as well as reduce swelling. Elevating the knee on a part of a stool or pillow to relieve swelling helps reduce knee pain.
- Knee Pain Relief At Home Pain relievers, simple pain relievers such as paracetamol or anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen if you are allowed to take it, will help reduce knee pain as well as reduce inflammation.
- Avoid activities that can trigger the onset of pain. For example, if the pain gets worse when there is pleurisy, you may want to avoid some of those movements. Some people find that it can be a little difficult to go down the stairs.
- Go one step at a time. Avoid any activity where you need to change direction and do linear exercises at the knee. Physiotherapy helps and tries to strengthen the muscles and envelopes around the knee and provides strength to the knee to be able to cope with stress.
- Therefore, it is important to start physiotherapy whenever you are able to do so. Wearing the right shoes is very important especially if you run too much.
- If you run too much, I would encourage you to get a fit running shoe. Sometimes tapping can help with patellar taping, as well as stretching the tendon using dynamic or static tapping can help reduce swelling or pain around the knee.
You may have seen it in football players, blue tape or black tape used on the shoulders and knees.
How is knee pain treated?
Knee torment is treated by traditionalist choices and care alternatives. Conservative options include easy options, rest, height, allowing the knee to settle, compression using a soft bandage, and using ice in an acute injury or what we call the RICE regime: rest, ice, compression, height – paracetamol After pain relievers, anti-inflammatory facilities reduce inflammation and reduce inflammation and help control the symptoms of pain after the injection.
- Injections help. Especially if the underlying deformity is wear and tear. There are different types of injections.
- The most common injections that we have are local anesthetic plus steroid injections, but there are other forms of injections that are commonly used with varying levels of evidence, including platelet-rich plasma or PRP; Which is an extract from your blood that is injected into the knee which allows it to reduce inflammation and reduce knee pain.
- There is different evidence. Some people are for it, some people are against it. In some pathologies, it helps such as patellar tendinopathy, for example, or quadriceps tendinopathy which is an inflammation of the tendon around the knee.
- There is some evidence that it may also help with arthritis. Now, if the pain is sharp and intermittent and is associated with mechanical symptoms, such as giving way to the knee, hitting you, or instability, then further imaging such as an X-ray or MRI scan of the knee is required.
- There is evidence of cartilage damage or muscle damage that may require surgical intervention. There are other types of injuries such as sports injuries, such as runner’s knee, friction syndrome, iliotibial band.
- These are repetitive injuries associated with certain sports that occur when you relax and avoid certain activities and do some exercise to help improve muscles and tendons. What clearly does not improve is cartilage tears and bone injury especially ACL injury or a torn medial meniscus or torn cartilage.
- These may require surgery for minimally invasive surgery as an arthroscopic or keyhole. When you develop arthritis, it can be mild, moderate, or severe.
- When it reaches a critical point, especially when you have rest or pain at night or your exercise tolerance falls below 100 or 200 yards, it becomes important to treat the problem, and if clinically Severe arthritis occurs on both x-rays and symptoms.
- If there is much about this, surgery is indicated as a partial or total knee replacement in those cases.
According to the latest paper published by The Lancet, knee replacement is quite good and if you have a knee replacement in this day and age, the chances of surviving 20 to 25 years are eight out of ten which is a good one. Is the figure of.